
This snow is just beautiful. It is driving me crazy. The Subaru is stuck half way up the hill. We have already spent a mint plowing the driveway (may I add, the mile long driveway). It has been snowing for three weeks and isn't going to stop anytime soon. I'm thinking this Cancun shirt I got for Christmas sounds pretty good just about now, or maybe even Las Vegas would be better that this. We have even shoveled the roof. It was so very cold for so long, and then it warmed up a little for Christmas, and yesterday boom it was up to 30°. We were even getting a little rain, which means ice jams on the roof and water dripping back up under the eaves. 

Uugh, this is a love/hate relationship. I could hear the water dripping inside the wall on the bottom story just below where the valley in the roof is. Nathan wanted to know if he could pop the water bubble he found inside the paint in the sun room, near the same area. 

Ugh, can I complain a little more. We got up on the roof and shoveled all the snow off so that no more ice jams could form and today there is at least 6 more inches of snow.
The first time we got up there the snow was still cold and fluffy and the kids made snow angels on the roof. The next time it was wet and easy to pack so they were rolling snowmen size balls off the roof. Wouldn't it look funny to have snowmen on the roof. According to the weather forecast we will be doing this for quite a while. (You may be hearing about this again.)

I am continually amazed at the pictures on your blog! Are those mountains and all those pine trees right in your backyard?? Beautiful! I'm jealous of your view, not so much of your snow though. Hope it gets better!
ReplyDelete