e than they could handle. Dogs are gross that way. They eat poop. They roll in dead fish, and they really like deer guts. They would disappear for hours, and come home glutted. Duke has often brought home antlers, and bones, but the worst time was the time he carried in a whole deer head. I’m not a yeller, usually, but I let it go, ‘EUWW! get that thing out of here,” I slammed the door in an attempt to not have to look at it. I think the dog must have understood because I never saw the deer head again, Although, I am quite leery about what might be buried out in the dirt pile.They have spent most of the winter around the house, but now that the snow is gone they have taken to roaming again. I get exasperated and tell myself that I really need to somehow contain these dogs. I am studying all the options. But I hit my limit when a neighbor, who probably lives 2 miles away called and said our dogs had been hanging around over there and bothering the livestock. So that’s it, the last straw. They are officially stuck on the chain, and if I can’t figure out anything better, forever!
Your post reconfirms why we have not replaced our dogs and most likely will not in the near future!! Millie
ReplyDelete