2. Growing Things.Winter sometimes draws out too long. If I didn't have kids in school, I might consider being a snowbird. I remember growing up in Southern CA, and on Valentine's day you could sit in the school quad with your legs in the sun, and enjoy the first of the summer tan. Here Valentines Day is always cold. Sprouts bring a hint of sunshine and warmer days. I love growing things, and learning about them. I really don't have much of a green thumb. I have to work at it really hard, and I kill plenty of things, but when they grow it gives me joy. My grow lights are up and running, and my indoor lettuce, cilantro, and spinach pot has begun to sprout. There are jars of spouts, growing on my counter, beside the sink. A bit of spring in the making.
3. My Husband is buff. I remember early on in his military career he looked up to those older officers who at the end of their career were able to max the PT test. John could probably still max the PT test, and is down stairs right now doing a P90X workout.
4. Lisa. I love hearing Lisa tell her stories. Sometimes they are about things that happened at school. Sometimes they are mini history lessons. Sometimes they are recaps of a book or completely fictional. No matter which, they make me smile.
5. Nathan is a goof, and I love him for it. The other day he came home from school and announced that he had won the school Nobel prize and that he was a hero. Turns out he was sneaking around the school during lunch. He had taken a freshman on one of his "adventures". While going down the janitors elevator, into the basement, they discovered that there was a leaking pipe spraying in the basement onto a pallet paper. They told the vise principal and got to skip their next class so they could help move the paper. Lisa said that they announce over the school loud speaker that there would be no water, and that Nathan and his buddies were heroes for finding the problem.
6. Nicole makes people feel loved. It is a wonderful thing to have a daughter who loves you.
7. Zech is and has always been so responsible. What a wonderful father and husband he is. He stretches to excellence in all areas of his life.
8. Sean is the standard of fun loving for all of us. We all look to Sean for fun.
Happy Valentines!
No comments:
Post a Comment