I was thinking about Becky's and Christine's pantry pictures, Christine's shopping sprees and Emiley's canning adventures, yesterday as I pulled things out of my own pantry to make an applesauce cake. My pantry sits full and contently waiting for any arising crisis. A friend told me that oil is one of the things that is in very high demand during times of scarcity. So when it went on sale I bought a six month supply of butter, which is currently being stored in my freezer, and I visited Costco for my years supply of a variety of oils. Fats don't store very well. They can just barely make it a year. I know that I would be cooking more from scratch in a crisis situation, but I cook a lot from scratch anyway. So along with the other things I have stocked up on I have been liberal with the fats.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Fat and happy
I was thinking about Becky's and Christine's pantry pictures, Christine's shopping sprees and Emiley's canning adventures, yesterday as I pulled things out of my own pantry to make an applesauce cake. My pantry sits full and contently waiting for any arising crisis. A friend told me that oil is one of the things that is in very high demand during times of scarcity. So when it went on sale I bought a six month supply of butter, which is currently being stored in my freezer, and I visited Costco for my years supply of a variety of oils. Fats don't store very well. They can just barely make it a year. I know that I would be cooking more from scratch in a crisis situation, but I cook a lot from scratch anyway. So along with the other things I have stocked up on I have been liberal with the fats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it! Check out our new canning blog. We have finished our presents and thanks a great part to Zech, they look great.
ReplyDeleteI just noticed the blog about mom and dad. I love those pics. Where did you get them? Could you send them to me in a jpeg file? I do check in on you. Love keeping in contact.
ReplyDelete