Thursday, September 10, 2009

school time


I'm at home, alone. I have sent all my kids to school. Nicole and Sean to BYUi, and Lisa and Nathan to High School. It is really something to think that all of my children are in high school or older. I didn't notice the years go by so fast.
I haven't kept you all up this summer very well. The little things in life are what keep us so busy, and somehow too much time on the computer seems to fill up my day too quickly. But today, this beautiful end of summer, warm sunny day, I am trying to stay off my knee so it will heal. It is swollen. I don't know exactly what I did to it. I was playing "the game with no name" with my kids and another family and I guess I pushed it a little too hard. It is swollen and I have been limping on it since Saturday. If you haven't played "the game with no name" You need to learn it. It really is my favorite. You run around in the woods, or wherever, sort of like Capture the Flag, and hide before the person who is it stops counting, sort of like Red Light, Green Light. The counting gets a little complicated. There is slow-slow, up to fast-fast. That's what the game should be called, "The Slow-slow, fast-fast game". But needless to say if I can't play it without getting hurt, maybe I shouldn't be playing it. Somehow that is too much of an admission of being old.
Our trip to Rexburg and back was long. somewhat sad, somewhat joyful. Sad to see my children leave home. Joyful to know that they couldn't be in a better place, and they have grown up to be wonderful people. Joyful to go with Sean to the beautiful Rexburg temple Tues. morning before leaving. Joyful to see Zech and Emiley and Elai. Their effort to come up and spend sometime with us makes us feel loved and more united. How blessed and lucky I feel to have such a family.

Our new school schedule at home has become: get up at 5:20 to be ready and out the door by 6:30 hopefully with beds made and breakfast eaten, (not in hand). Seminary, then the last half of jazz band, then school, then soccer practice, (on Wed. soccer is shortened to add violin lessons, and YM/YW activities) Then home between 7:30 to 8:30 to have dinner and start two and a half or more hours of homework. hopefully getting everyone to bed by 10:30, and up again to start the same routine tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Your day sounds like ours!! We start at 4:50 though to be at seminary at 5:30 and then jazz band. That's Sam and David. Then Isaac needs to catch the bus at 7:00 and Luke at 8:05. We were probably in Rexburg the same time you were dropping off Hannah. We need to coordinate better next time so we can meet up!! Millie

    ReplyDelete