Wednesday, June 30, 2010

No Apologies

Browsing through the books at the BX I was dismayed at what was available for the soldiers to read. There were books that talked about the war and the current situation. They were mostly negative and discussed the mistakes that the administration and generals had made. I flipped through them and wondered how our forces wouldn't get disillusioned. After perusing several and wondering around I found tucked away in the back one copy of the new release "No Apology" by Mitt Romney. I picked it up because I had seen it advertised, and had wondered about it. How refreshing is was in contrast to what I had just been reading. Now John and I are reading it together. I have learned much about our nation's current situation, and am very much enjoying the history lessons. It discusses many things that I had seen on the news in years past whose implications had been lost on me. I recommend the read even if it is simply for the understanding of international relations, and how they effect our lives.


I am realizing I have a subject matter expert here to explain things to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment