
I have spent a lot of time in the garden this spring. The weather has been mild and allowed me to be able to get out sooner. I have almost cleared the whole garden of weeds, (the operative word being almost). This is a feat never before accomplished in the history of this garden. The problem being that I have tried to keep the garden organic. No chemicals. None ever. That means we have hauled in steer manure, and lots of weed seeds with it. I can never keep up, so the weeds reseed themselves. The following year we have our own crop of weeds. I am a garden fanatic these days. I spend hours weeding, and make my whole family share in my conquest. I spend much more time bent over examining the ground in my garden than I do on the computer. When I am on my computer, I google things like "germinating dianthus". I read gardening newsletters, and save them on my favorites.
No comments:
Post a Comment