by LisaOne of my most memorable places was my backyard in Florida, and this is what I recall. Stepping through the sliding glass door and onto the hot sun wearing my swimsuit with a towel handy I remember looking out at all the lush green grass and the brilliantly bright blue sky that was reflected onto the surface of the in-ground swimming pool. Against the picket fence to the left was a jasmine bush that gave such a beautiful fragrance in the evening as it's flowers would open into full bloom. Further along the fence was a very thick vine with large vibrant pink bougainvillea flowers sprawled up and down the plant, covering the fence and intertwining with the neighbors palm tree. I would move my eyes to the center of the yard where I would first hear and then see the vibrating wings of the tiger-dragonflies flirting in the air and circling around the orange tree. My favorite section of the yard besides the pool was the miniature jungle that was located in the right-hand corner near the fence. The little jungle had palm trees and banana trees and with a hammock in the middle. Christmas lights where hung from tree to tree giving my backyard the full island party look. I also remember stepping out onto the hot clay tiles that surrounded the pool. Plunging into water I'd come back up for breath and taste the humid thick almost moldy air that becomes something natural to you. I can recall looking into the sky and hearing the joyful songs of blue and yellow canaries sitting in the trees over head. The places you go and see always bring back memories but the one place that always seems to come rushing back to me is maybe not the place that had the biggest impact on me but definitely left me with the most memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment